Though the summer is winding down, there are climates which have hot temperatures throughout the year. In my case; I have skin breakouts on my face related to the heat. Miliaria Rubra commonly referred to as “Prickly Heat”is a breakout of tiny fine pimples due to heat and the inability of the skin to perspire. Also defined: A skin condition caused by blocked sweat ducts and trapped sweat beneath the skin.
Treatment to help provide relief to ” Prickly Heat” can be alleviated by using Hydrocortisone 1% PLUS Anti-Itch CremePrickly Heat is usually self-diagnosable. The rash may appear as blisters or red lumps. Heat rash may cause itchiness or a prickly feeling.
Treatment consists of self care. Heat rash usually goes away on its own. Use of fans and lightweight clothing can help.
As a Tip during the summer months, use the product on the skin directly and rub into the skin gently. Also, the product can be mixed into the makeup foundation of your choice. This is what I do during the summer months.
Your skin is considered as the largest organ of the body. It protects other organs. In cases of warm climates; over exposure to the sun is of a concern.
Our next topic is sun blockers. Here are some interesting facts to keep in mind. The higher the SPF, the more effective with sun protection. As you are aware there are many products on the market, but here are my top 5 pics for the beach.
My top 5 Sunblock Brands
- Sheer Coverage 45 Face Sunscreen w/ Instant Bronzer-Australian Gold SELF-TANNER Natural bronzers combine with DHA to achieve an immediate natural looking glow that will continue to develop for up to 24 hours
- All Good Sunscreen & Sunstick, SPF 50 Only 6 ingredients- coconut, very water resistant (80 minutes), has UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum Protection, NSF Certified Organic, with our Farm’s Calendula Flowers, it is coral reef safe and provides strong sun protection for extreme environments
- Babo Botanicals Clear Zinc Sunscreen, SPF 45
- Beauty without Cruelty, SPF 30
- Bare Belly Organics, SPF 34