Chicago, Illinois-On November 12 -13 Thousands of makeup enthusiasts flocked to the Makeup Show Chicago’s annual 2-day event (4500) held this year at Revel Fulton Market.
I always appreciate the platform of bringing community, networking, education and an inspirational aspect for the industry together.
The 2-day event started off with a welcome to the press. Celebrity Makeup Artist and The Makeup Show’s Director of Artistry and Education, James Vincent showed us some of his favorite products and gives you an exclusive sneak preview at this year’s show. James Vincent did an amazing job describing products favorites to explore. All press received a outstanding Goodie bag of products ranging over $350 in value.
Product Presentation Review
1. Makeup Forever- Pro Light Fusion Undetectable Luminizer product and Beauty Bag
2. Crown Brush mascara with the comb & the brush
3. MustaeV-Asian Company which created a Cooling Anger Mask
4. Ardell Lashes-individuals with the strip Lash 3-in-1.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills-Sun Dipped Glow Kit
6. T-3 Micro the leader in Hot Tools
7. Embryolisse Pro size moisturizing cream launched in the Target stores
8. Twin metics- protects the skin and acts as an Exfoilant- new product
9. Smash Box -Photo Finish Primer Water
10. Senna Cosmetics- Moisture Drop Gel Primer Infused with Water & Argan Oil.
11. Mac Brooke Candy-Bronzing Press powder compact
12. Kelyvn Aucoin-Mascara-Length & volume
13. Mehron Metallic Powder
14. Eyeliner- Eyebrows Liner brush
15. BDellium Tools know has a Matte Lipstick
16. Grandelash- Lip plumper for a fuller lip affect.
17. Nyx Professional Makeup Cosmetics FX set Powder- High Performance.
18. Temptu Airbrushing -product design apply set your makeup and maintain in pixels appeasing to the eye with photography print work.
19. Cozzette- Makeup Palette in highly pigmented shades.
20. Kat Von D Beauty- makeup-Press and roll technique allows to set the makeup effectively.
21. Magazine-On Makeup Fall 2016
Following the Press Preview on Saturday November 12th business forums took place ranging from topics:
- A Career in Makeup- Gregory Arit~ Sponsored by MAC Cosmetics
- Our Industry Today- Michael DeVellis and Guests
- Multidimensional Makeup for Photography- Danessa Myricks
- Here’s Where I am: Satting Your Own Success with Jordan Liberty, James Vincent, Jill Glaser, Erik Soto, Angela Wilson and Lori Taylor
Top discussions during Our Industry Today segment highlighted:
The panel was facilitated by Michael DeVellis On Makeup and TPG founder Mac Pro Powder Group
The objective What is the Artist that you want to be in the industry.
Panel Discussion consisted of 4 industry professionals.
1. Arta 19 years beauty educator. Love the community day to day private high end client artist along with bridal industry.
2. AJ Crimson – Celebrity Makeup Artist-12 years in the industry and currently have a new cosmetic brand AJ Beauty.
3. J. Anthony Kosar of Kosart Atelier School for Entertainment Arts. FACE OFF Season 4 Champion and Award -Winning Artist.
4. Debra Dee-30 year industry veteran, transitioned over to makeup after being a hairdresser for many years. Now Head Makeup Artist for television show the Chicago Fire.
There was a great discussion … We just hung out and chatted to understand the history ; knowing renown makeup artists such as Stan Winston- key makeup artist for Dinosaur Jurassic Park, Pat McGrath- World Renowned British African American female Makeup Artist. We must the industry pushing yourself. Make you stand out!
Makeup Beauty Journalist pictured with industry professionals including: