I always love the New Year because it is the an opportunity to begin anew. The mind and body works as a unit. Any thoughts, actions and habits begins with a thought.
In this post for 2017, I will discuss the top beauty resolutions that I’d like to adopt for the new year. “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewal of your mind”. Romans 2:2
The top focus for this year are as follows:
1 Relaxation– This is the key to rejuvenation, a positive attitude and adequate rest produces constructive results.
2. Meditation-This is a positive approach to managing your busy mind and training your mind to be disciplined through the practice of awareness.
3. Beautification– Using this approach is taking into consideration the body through body massage, facials, makeup applications, pampering services dealing with the hair, skin, nails and feet.
4. Wardrobe Transformation -Plan on investing in a new wardrobe. Buy select garment pieces such as: blouses, skirts, pants, dresses, hosiery and shoes.
6. Personality-An optimist is someone who always sees the bright side of any situation — a trait that can be either encouraging or annoying, depending on your frame of mind.
7. Networking – The ability to be exposed to social gatherings and industry related events. It is truly a small world. You will never know who you will meet or reconnect with. Keep comp cards, business cards available.
9. Professional Development-Always study to show yourself approved. As a 36+ beauty industry veteran, it is imperative to stay abreast with current developments and industry trends. Going back to basics is always smart because it keeps the learning open and receptive with a twist to building on what you you already know and improving upon it.
10. Volunteerism– I love volunteering because it is synonymous with giving of your time and service. The cool aspect about volunteering is that you expose yourself to people, places and things that you enjoy.
12. Professional Photoshoots– This area is regular for me. As a professional makeup artist, it is great to keep your portfolio current with recent work. I like doing seasonal photo shoots which are themed based.
Happy New Year to all of my readers. Wishing you all the best! Peace, Love, Blessings and Prosperity in every form😘💋💅🏽👄✍🏽💄💋👠👗🎊👍.