If you don’t have anything planned. Stop by the annual NATURAL HAIR FEST CHICAGO | Mid-Winter 2017.
DATE AND TIME
Sat, January 14, 2017 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM CST
CHICAGO LAKE SHORE HOTEL 4900 South Lake Shore Drive Hyde Park Grand Ballroom Chicago, Illinois
DIRECTED and SPONSORED by Mark David Carter, a local Event Planner, announced that MetroSalonPro Newspaper In-Print, MetroSalonPro NewsMagazine Online and MetroSalonPro Classifieds proudly present NATURAL HAIR FEST CHICAGO (NHFC), themed: “Natural Hair Matters”.
DESCRIPTION Highlights of this 1-Day Festival of Natural Hair & Beauty Culture includes:
- Professional Classes, Consumer Classes, Panel Discussions
- Live Entertainment on the Natural Hair Main Stage, Fashion Presentations, Hair Competitions/Demos, and a Natural Hair Marketplace with over 50 Exhibitors and Table Top Vendors -ALL DAY LONG.
The excitement takes place on today Saturday January 14, 2017 in the Hyde Park Grand Ballroom at the CHICAGO LAKE SHORE HOTEL, which is located 4900 South Lake Shore Drive in the Hyde Park community from 10am-6pm.
The Natural Hair Fest is growing into Chicago’s BIGGEST Natural Hair Produtions designed for Naturals all over Chi-Town and the Mid-West.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the MetroSalonPro Natural Hair Fest & Educational Summit Chicago is:
to expose the root culprits of hair loss, hair damage, balding, scalp irritation and various forms of alopecia that plague our communities (primarily adult women, teens and young girls) resulting from excessive chemical treatment, overuse of heated accoutrements, lack of proper sanitation, bad habits, poor nutrition, miseducation, incorrect hair care, improper techniques and heredity/genetics; to create an aesthetic atmosphere where leadership, instructors, professionals, freelancers, students, businesses and consumers (members of the general public) can convene, network, interact, dialogue, showcase, give experiences, and free pinned up emotions under the auspicies of natural beauty and barber culture across the urban landscape of metropolitan Chicago; to influence the growth, maintenance and adaptation of a change in lifestyle that prompts naturally healthy hair and unique natural hairstyles.
ABOUT METROSALONPRO MetroSalonPro, now headquartered in Chicago at 9 West Washington Street on the 4th Floor in the heart of the downtown area, was founded in 2010 by Mark David Carter while residing in the DMV area (Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia). Serving as the professional beauty and barber industry consumer resource guide, this hyper local publication is steadily gaining wider recognition in key markets across the country. MetroSalonPro is a DIVERSITY CONCEPT, which brings the professional beauty community together irrespective of race, religion, cultural or economic background, gender, sexual orientation and/or social status. Our platform is centered around the binding PASSION that we all have for the business of beauty and personal care.
Having set the spotlight on hair care, barbering, nail care, makeup and skincare as art and science, it is a concept which supplies true followers with remarkable photographic event coverage and highlights on
Mark David Carter has produced and directed the following fashion presentations:
- Ice (Winter 1996), The Magic, Majesty & Mystique of Fashions
- (Winter 1997), Mannequins (Summer 1998), The Walk of Fame
- (Winter 1998), Creme De La Creme
- (Summer 1999), Equinox
- (Winter 1999), Blaque Taboo
- (Summer 2000), Illusions
- (Winter 2000), Sweetest Hangover
- (Summer 2001), Reality: 007 Fashion Odyssey
- (Winter 2001), Haute Transitions
- (Summer 2002), The Chill Factor Of Hair & Fashions (Winter 2002), Total Gravity
- (Summer 2003), Photoshoot (Winter 2003), Revolution: Evolve In Style
- (Winter 2004), Fashion Casino
- (Summer 2005), High Voltage (Winter 2005), Fashion Carnival
- (Summer 2006), Portfolio (Winter 2006)
- (Summer 2007),Cirque De
Mark David Carter’s fashion event planning skills were used by African Festival Of The Arts 1997 through 2006. His title was Fashion Show Coordinator.